March 18, 2021
Easter is quickly approaching and we know that it will be different again this year. There won’t be neighbourhood Easter egg hunts, big meals with extended family and church services in person. But that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate the start of spring and the Easter holiday.
The Easter Bunny can still come which means one thing – CHOCOLATE!
- Walker’s Chocolates: Stores open and delivery options available
- La Crème de la Crème Creamery: Gourmet Belgian chocolates can be ordered online and picked up at store closer to Easter (opening end of March)
- Christy’s Gourmet Gifts: Curb side pick-up, order online or call (905)336-9080;
- Mrs.B’s GiftHouse: Custom gift baskets and other treats; call for pick up or delivery (905)634-6334 or email email@example.com
- Cottage Country Candies: Did you know that Burlington has a candy outlet store? That’s right….and we checked them out and they have an amazing assortment AND great prices! Open Monday to Saturday
Some other suggestions for desserts and sweet treats:
- That Pie Place: Curbside pick up, call to order (905)827-3373 (sweet and savoury)
- Cakes, Sweets & Treats: Open Tues-Sun walk-in or call to order
- Flour Child Bakery: Open 7 days/week; 7:30-6 pm weekdays, Sat 8-4, Sun 8:30-1:00. Full bakery with fresh bread daily and coffee/tea.
- Edible Arrangements: Open Monday-Saturday and always available for online orders and delivery.
- Kelly’s Bake Shoppe: order online or full Easter menu available in store March 30-April 5
- COBS Bread: A couple of locations in Burlington to serve you, known for their scones and hot cross buns in several flavours
Of course you can’t forget the main meal for Easter dinner. If you’d like a break from cooking we’ve got some other ideas:
- Familia Fine Foods: Healthy prepared meals delivered to your doorstep, reserve your Easter dinner featuring Salmon wellington
- The Platter Company: Home made prepared meals to go- take out or delivery. Amazing assortment of options, from soups to appetizers to entrees and dessert.
- Alloro at the Holiday Inn: Take out turkey dinner featuring vegetables, stuffing, roasted potatoes, cream of asparagus soup and chocolate cheesecake. Call (905)639-4443 to order! Last day to order is April 2, pick up Easter Sunday 5-9 pm.
- Courtyard by Marriott Burlington: offering an Easter menu from April 1-6 at their Bistro Bar/Lounge
- Farm Boy: Order their chef-inspired Easter dinner. Choose Ontario smoked ham or fresh Ontario turkey with choice of 4 sides; serves 6-8 people. Just heat and serve.
- Longo’s: Order one of their festive meal kits, just heat and serve.
- Nickel Brook Brewing: order a delivery to your door from Burlington’s craft brewery
Nothing represents the Spring season more than a beautiful arrangement of flowers. This is also a great way to send some cheer to a loved one without even having to leave home. There are many local florists taking orders online and by phone. Order early to ensure availability and be in touch with the florist for any special requests or confirmation of their services.
- Brant Florist: Brant Street in Downtown Burlington, (905)639-7001
- Forest of Flowers: 5010 Pinedale Avenue, 905 631-6200/1-855-631-6200
- Millcroft Florist: 1940 Ironstone Drive Unit #7, 905 331-6550
- Nelson Flowers: 2495 Dundas Street, 905 332-6967
- Jaggard’s Florist & Garden Centre: 107 Plains Road West Unit # 6, 905 634-4543
- 181 Florist: 7-181 Plains Road West, 905 912-2181
Looking to give someone a nice outdoor arrangement or want to plant some pansies in your own garden?
- Centro Garden: Visit in person in Downtown Burlington, order by phone or online.
- Terra Greenhouse: Open for in-store shopping or order online
Looking to get away for a night locally? Our hotels are offering some great specials for a spring staycation. Check out the Spring Staycations specials.
Enjoy and celebrate spring on Easter weekend. Hopefully the temperatures continue to rise so that we can all enjoy some lovely Spring weather and get outdoors.