The COVID-19 pandemic is not behind us, but with proper precautions, it is possible to travel safely. We ask that you travel and enjoy our destination responsibly. To curb your travel anxieties, we’ve compiled the latest safety guidelines, along with a packing list and recommendations on how to protect yourself and others.
Protect Yourself and Others
Travelers should follow protective steps and guidelines, as provided by Health Canada and the Province of Ontario. Wear a face mask in public spaces and maintain a distance of at least six feet from others. For further information view Halton Region’s local health guidelines.
- Wash hands often, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cough into your elbow and sneeze into a tissue.
- Stay up to date on vaccinations, including the flu vaccine.
- Avoid traveling if you are sick.
- Avoid contact with animals while traveling.
- Be aware of the latest travel advisories from the Government of Canada.
- Take everyday precautions to stop the spread of germs.
Note: Older adults and people with underlying chronic medical conditions are at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19.
Planning to Visit in the Future?
If you are not yet ready to travel to the Burlington area but would still like to show support, please consider the following:
- Buy gift cards to your favorite local business for use at a later date
- Book travel experiences for a later date
- Leave positive reviews for Burlington businesses on TripAdvisor, Google, and social media channels
We are so glad you are considering a visit, we can’t wait to greet you.