The Visitor Information Centre offers extensive travel information about Burlington and Ontario. Tourism Burlington also provides assistance and resource information for meeting and conference planners, sport organizers and group travel.
To help reduce the chance of spreading this virus visitors should practice all safety measures including physical distancing, proper hand hygiene and following all public health measures and gathering restrictions. For further COVID-19 information in the Burlington area visit Halton Region Public Health www.halton.ca/coronavirus and/or view and subscribe to the Health and Safety Notices page on the City website www.burlington.ca
Tourism Burlington Visitor Information centre has obtained the self-certified #SafeTravels Stamp and POST Promise. We are taking steps to protect the safety of visitors and staff by implementing the following protocol:
- Due to COVID-19, face coverings are mandatory inside buildings and enclosed public spaces open to the public.
- Upon entering the centre visitors and staff will be asked to sign in and provide a quick indication of health. This is to help with contact tracing if required.
- Hand sanitizers, plastic barriers, traffic flow arrows and signs have been installed and staff and visitors must maintain a 2m (6 feet) distance
- Our travel counsellors will greet you at the entrance gate, identify the information you need and gather materials for you. Visitors will not be browsing and selecting materials on their own.
- There will be no seating or access to the Ipad at this time.
- Our souvenirs are available for purchase however we accept cash only.
NOTE: The Public washrooms are not open at this time.
Visitor Information Centre
Visitor Information Centre Hours:
Open Year Round
Fall/Winter Hours – Tuesday to Saturday – 9 a.m. – 4 p.m
Address: 414 Locust Street, Burlington, Ontario, L7S 1T7
Toll Free: 1.877.499.9989
The Visitor Information Centre is located at 414 Locust St. below the parking garage, just north of Lakeshore Road. It offers extensive travel information about Burlington and Ontario. Tourism Burlington also provides assistance and resource information for meeting and conference planners, sport organizers and group travel. If you would like information about Burlington please contact us.
Looking for the perfect gift or memento? Look no further than the Tourism Burlington Visitors Centre – we carry a selection of Burlington, postcards, books, maps, Canadian gifts and more! NOTE: We only accept cash for transactions.
See below for some examples:
- Halton & Hamilton Hikes – Loops & Lattes by Nicola Ross. $24.95
- Meet me at the Brant Inn DVD In the era of the Great Depression and World War II, the 1930’s through to the 1960’s Burlington’s “Brant Inn” was one of North America’s biggest and most successful “Big Band” venues. On a typical night, well over a thousand people would crowd into The Brant Inn to see and dance to stars such as Nat King Cole, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Liberace and Guy Lomabardo. $15.00
- Brant Inn Memories (Book) John Murray Anderson turned the Brant Inn into a nightclub that grew to be internationally renowned and put Burlington on the map. Brant Inn Memories recalls stories ranging from the entertainers to the Inn’s employees, from the club’s owner to the building itself, in a way that will take the reader back in time to the dancing era when big bands, swing and jazz were the essence of an evening out. $24.95
- Other Souvenirs
- Postcards $0.75 (tax incl.)
- Magnets $3 plus tax
- Key rings $3 plus tax
- Burlington Hats (ball caps) $8.50 plus tax
- Maps $4.95 and up
Smiles – FREE
Plus many more great souvenirs not listed here including access to Sound of Music 40th anniversary items.