Burlington and area is a wonderful place to cycle in all seasons with scenic rural roads, picturesque waterfront trails and historic downtown routes. Some of our major attractions such as Bronte Creek Provincial Park and Conservation Halton also have a cycling trail network at their locations.
Bike Friendly Community
Did you know that Burlington has been awarded the city with a Bicycle Friendly Community Award Silver designation by Share the Road Cycling Coalition?
The Lake Ontario Waterfront Trail has two sections in Burlington that are easy, mostly flat terrain, and include on and off road sections with beautiful visits of the water. The HamBur Loop is also listed on the Waterfront Trail site and it follows the Around the Bay Road Race route through Hamilton and Burlington encompassing parts of the Waterfront trail and the Red Hill Valley. This route is also mapped online.
Download Social Cyclist the app that allows you to record your route and use the data to improve the bike amenities in Burlington. Start recording your rides, report road conditions, request bike parking and bike share stations.
Cycling Repair in Burlington
- City Bike Repair Stands – Spencer Smith Park (along promenade near pond /playground), City Hall, Appleby Line at Centennial, Roly Bird Park
- Brant Cycle – 892 Brant St.
- Mountain Equipment Coop – 1030 Brant St.
- Neworld Cycle – 560 Plains Rd. E.
- Rock and Road Cycle and Sports – 2501 Guelph Line
- Rolling Horse Community Cycle – Refurbished Bike Sales & Service
- Flying Monkey Bike Shop – Campbellville
CAA Member Road Side Cycle Assistance
CAA has a program for CAA members who are cyclists. CAA Bike Assist offers road-side assistance for you and your bike. If you have a problem that cannot be remedied on-site, they will ‘tow’ you to where you need to go.