Burlington is proud to recognize Famous Burlingtonians for their contributions. #HometownProud
Burlington’s famous personalities have assisted in putting our community on the map. Their contributions to subjects like entertainment, sports, arts, science, and philanthropy have helped to shape their respective landscapes.
Famous Burlingtonians Criteria
- Has lived for a period of time in Burlington (1 year minimum)
- Has received national or international recognition in their field and have career longevity (see below)
- Received Order of Canada or Ontario
- Professional athlete, coach, trainer or amateur athlete who has won medals in international competitions
- Radio/TV personalities, actors, musicians, artists, writers, business people, humanitarians who have received national acclaim and awards
- Historic figures recognized in Canadian history
- Has been recognized by another local organization for national or international acclaim
Is someone missing?
Assist us in keeping this Famous Burlingtonians information up-to-date and accurate by completing the form below with your suggestions for additions to this list.
Canada 150 – Burlingtonian: Josh Brown, Jazz Musician