Tourism Burlington is the official destination marketing organization for the City of Burlington, Ontario, Canada.
In 2020 we celebrated 50 years in Burlington and although the year looked much different than we had planned we are thrilled to reach this milestone. We look forward to working with our tourism partners to help our industry recover and thrive in the years to come.
Burlington is a flourishing and evergreen destination where visitors and community experience the arts, culture, outdoors, and more.
Our mission is to facilitate values-driven and sustainable tourism for Burlington through leadership, partnership, and collaboration.
- Originated as a Visitor Information Centre managed by the Burlington Chamber of Commerce in the mid 1980’s
- Not-for-profit incorporated business governed by a 10 member volunteer Board of Directors elected each year at an Annual General Meeting.
- Currently staffed with 3 full-time personnel and several weekend and seasonal travel counsellors.
- Visitor Centre is also supported by part-time volunteer travel counsellors and student coop placements.
Tourism Burlington’s annual budget is approximately $515,000 with $400,000 received from The City of Burlington. Other sources of funding include partner co-op marketing initiatives; grants from various levels of government and profits from souvenir sales.
Core Service Areas
- Destination Marketing
- Destination Management
- Visitor Information Services
- Partner & Industry Support Services
- Leisure Travel – Events/Visiting Friends & Relatives
- Meetings, Conventions & Incentive Travel
- Group Sales
- Sports Tourism
- Public Relations