Tourism Burlington is the official destination marketing organization for the City of Burlington, Ontario, Canada.
In 2020 we celebrated 50 years in Burlington and although the year looked much different than we had planned we are thrilled to reach this milestone. We look forward to working with our tourism partners to help our industry recover and thrive in the years to come.
Burlington is seen as a distinctive waterfront destination known for its culture, festivals and outdoor experiences and tourism is recognized as an economic driver.
- Originated as a Visitor Information Centre managed by the Burlington Chamber of Commerce in the mid 1980’s
- Not-for-profit incorporated business governed by a 10 member volunteer Board of Directors elected each year at an Annual General Meeting.
- Currently staffed with 3 full-time personnel and several weekend and seasonal travel counsellors.
- Visitor Centre is also supported by part-time volunteer travel counsellors and student coop placements.
Tourism Burlington’s annual budget is approximately $490,000 with $375,000 received from The City of Burlington. Other sources of funding include partner co-op marketing initiatives; grants from various levels of government and profits from souvenir sales.
Core Service Areas
- Visitor Services
- Partner Services
- Leisure Travel – Events/Visiting Friends & Relatives
- Meetings and Conventions
- Sports Tourism
- Public Relations
|Partial Listing of Services|
|Official Visitors Guide||Industry Ambassador Training||Visitor Information Centre|
|Tear Map & other maps||Exhibits at Shows/Events||Site Inspection Tours|
|Tourism website & social media||Media Receptions/FAM tours||Cooperative Bid Packages|
|Meeting marketing(digital)||Tourism & Customer Service Awards||Product Development Assistance|
|Co-op Advertising||Partner Meetings & Annual General Meeting||Visitor Seasonal Enewsletter|
|Event Organizers Resources||Training Sessions||Customer Service Resources|
|Burlington Posters/Banners||Tourism Week Promotion||Partner Bimonthly E-Newsletter|