Burlington is an evergreen destination. No matter the season, there is always a reason to play – whether it be taking in dinner and a show at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre, or taking a stroll along our beautiful waterfront. Let us inspire your next adventure in Burlington.
Ten Reasons to Visit Burlington
10. Location: we are so close! No really, we are only a 45-minute drive from Niagara, Toronto, or Kitchener-Waterloo. Don’t have a car? No problem, hop on the GO Train or Go Bus.
9. Golfers’ Paradise: we hate to brag, but we are proud of our 9 courses in Burlington. Plus, we have 42 in the Region and yes, winter golf is available at some locations.
8. Epic Trails: in all seasons, we have a trail for that! Walking, hiking, skiing, jogging, cross-country, and cycling, you have a lot of ground to cover. Don’t forget the Bruce Trail.
7. The Arts Scene: murals, street art, public art sculptures, and more. Not to mention the Art Gallery of Burlington and the stunning Burlington Performing Arts Centre plus numerous cultural events throughout the year.
6. Heritage: enjoy historical walking tours, museums, churches, and more. Burlington is rich in heritage including the amazing renewed Joseph Brant Museum, heritage homes, Freeman Station, and more.
5. We Celebrate: whether it is culture, our history, our diverse talent, or music, we celebrate in style! We are home to so many free festivals featuring live music, themed activities, and great food, you want to check these out all year long.
4. Green City: An urban oasis of green parks, and tree-lined streets await you. Forests, farms, the Niagara Escarpment, and the breathtaking Royal Botanical Gardens ensure you keep breathing the wonderful, natural air.
3. Named #1 BEST MID-SIZED CANADIAN CITY TO LIVE & RAISE A FAMILY– Macleans Magazine.
2. Geography: Nestled between Lake Ontario and the Niagara Escarpment, a UNESCO World Biosphere. We are known for many geographical features from the waterfront to nature reserves, and from gardens to urban excitement.
1. Water: a spectacular, accessible waterfront to enjoy in all seasons for the entire family to play. Break out your water wings, floatings, and tubes, we have a beach too!