Spring, summer, fall, winter, Burlington is a city for all seasons with plenty to see & do.
Whether you’re a new or returning visitor, a local resident with visiting friends or family, or perhaps here on business, there’s always a wealth of activities to make your stay enjoyable.
Check out our top picks, reasons to visit #BurlON, events and activities and features.
Burlington is close to the urban buzz of Toronto, yet surrounded by the tranquil beauty of parks, gardens and its downtown waterfront. For the outdoor adventurers, you can hike the Bruce Trail, scale the limestone cliffs of the Niagara Escarpment, or cycle through our scenic rural or city routes.
If you’re looking for a more leisurely pace, window shop in Burlington’s quaint downtown boutiques and shops, get pampered at a one of our local spas, or take a walk through the challenging Central Park Labyrinth.
If you’re hungry, you’re in good hands. Savour the best culinary delights that local chefs are offering at our many cafés, chic eateries and fine dining restaurants.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 some activities and events have been redesigned, postponed or being held virtually. With changes happening rapidly we recommend that you contact businesses before visiting to make sure services are open to the public and what restrictions are in place.
Joseph Brant Museum Re-imagined
Community museum featuring permanent and special exhibitions of local history.
Royal Botanical Gardens
Gardens are in bloom year-round with on site restaurants and gift shop.
Conservation Halton Parks
No matter the season there are plenty of outdoor adventure activities to enjoy at the 7 parks in Halton.
Art Gallery of Burlington
Largest collection of Canadian ceramics with rotating exhibitions and free admission.
Day Trips & Drives
Explore the scenic rural routes by car or cycle and the downtown self guided walking tours.
Top 10 Reasons to Visit Burlington
10. LOCATION – it is located in the centre of the Golden Horseshoe, only 45 minute drive to Niagara or Toronto.
9. GOLFERS’ PARADISE – there are 9 courses in Burlington, 42 in the Region, and yes, winter golf is available at some locations.
8. AMAZING TRAILS – in all seasons for walking, hiking, skiing, jogging, cross-country and cycling including the Bruce Trail.
6. HISTORY & HERITAGE – enjoy historical walking tours, museums including amazing renewed Joseph Brant Museum, heritage homes, and more.
5. A CITY THAT CELEBRATES – home to so many free festivals featuring live music, themed activities and great food.
4. A GREEN CITY – an urban oasis of green parks, tree-lined streets, a waterfront playground, forests, farms, the Niagara Escarpment and the breathtaking Royal Botanical Gardens.
3. Named #1 BEST MID-SIZED CANADIAN CITY TO LIVE & RAISE A FAMILY– Macleans Magazine.
2. GEOGRAPHY – Nestled between Lake Ontario and the Niagara Escarpment, a UNESCO World Biosphere.
1. WATER – A Spectacular, Accessible Waterfront to enjoy in all seasons with so much to see & do.